The holidays are here and you know what that means: lots of delicious food and plenty of fun with friends and family. However, the holidays also mean hours of sedentary time watching football, online shopping and getting in that post-turkey nap. All that meat, cheese and sitting around usually leads the average American to gain one pound during the holiday season.
Keep your employees motivated and moving this Thanksgiving with a fun company step challenge. Check out our content ideas that include how to stay fit with the family, lightened up Thanksgiving recipes, and ways to show gratitude this holiday season. Bonus: a big list of festive, fun team name ideas!
Challenge Mode: Team Leaderboard & Streak
Duration: 10 days
Goal: Be the team with the highest daily step average & achieve 20 active minutes per day
Creative Team Names:
Create and name the teams in your team leaderboard challenge. We had some fun coming up with these festive team names:
- The Galloped Potatoes
- Can’t Stop This Gravy Train
- Green Bean Casserole Machine
- Will Run For Pumpkin
- Fowl Players
- Pilgrims’ Progress
- Drumstick Dashers
- Struttin’ Our Stuffing
- Gobble Till We Wobble
Wondering how we got so punny? Check out this blog post on creative challenge naming.
Upload your own content to highlight ways to stay fit this Thanksgiving, tips on showing gratitude, and a few lightened up Thanksgiving recipe ideas.
- How to Get Your Family Active
- 10 Ways to Exercise as a Family
- 20 ways to stay fit over the holidays
- Festively Fit: Staying Fit Over the Holidays
- How To Stay Healthy During The Holidays
- Find a Thanksgiving Day Race Near You
- How Many Calories Are in Thanksgiving Dinner?
- How Many Calories Americans Will Eat on Thanksgiving
- Recipe Makeover: Holiday Classics
- 8 Tricks for Lightening Up Holiday Foods
- 31 Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes to Make Your Meal A Smidge Lighter
- 15 Delicious Keto-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes to Add to Your Dinner Menu
- 5 Games For Family Fun on Thanksgiving
- 10 Thanksgiving Games to Make the Holiday Fun for Everyone
- 6 Unusual and Powerful Ways to Show Gratitude
- 5 Simple Ways to Express Gratitude Every Day
- Thanksgiving 2019: Best ways to show gratitude
- Find your gratitude this Thanksgiving. Here’s how.
- 3 Non-Cheesy Ways to Express Genuine Gratitude This Thanksgiving
- 8 Smart Tips for Budgeting for Holiday Expenses
- Holiday Budget Tips
- How to keep your holiday spending on budget
- Here Are The Top Budget Tips For This Holiday Season
- How to Plan Your Budget for the Holidays
Note: Be sure to include a content module in your challenge, then upload and schedule the above articles and videos.
Stay on theme with these Thanksgiving and seasonal prize ideas. Follow our rewards strategy doc for a step-by-step points plan that gives every participant a chance to win.
- Tickets to hometown football or sports game
- Thanksgiving serving essentials
- A bundle of family board games such as Scattergories, Codenames, Monopoly and more.
- The ultimate set of cold weather exercise gear
- Tickets to a local Turkey Trot or Thanksgiving Day race
- Thanksgiving or Holiday Decor
- Subscription to ClassPass to stay fit during the holidays