The holidays can be a wonderful time of year. However, the holidays also bring lots of extra responsibilities, expenses and stress.
There’s more pressure than ever to have the “perfect holiday.” Buy the perfect gift, attend back-to-back holiday parties, and host a joyous occasion for a family that doesn’t always get along. It’s no wonder that most people report feeling stressed during the holidays. Unfortunately, this stress can greatly impact a person's health–and even their performance at work.
Oftentimes, to deal with stress, people will resort to bad habits. Most commonly, these bad habits include eating unhealthy snacks and breaking a regular exercise routine. Additionally, people are likely to overspend on gifts, creating a looming financial stress.
This adds up and affects life at work and at home. At the office, this means lower productivity, low morale, and, on average, missing over 2 days of work.* At home, this could lead to depression and anxiety.
Help make the holidays the joyful time it should be. Check out our ideas for a fun, festive challenge that will help keep your employees healthy, zen and on-budget this holiday season.
Challenge Mode: Team Leaderboard & Streak
Duration: 25 days
Goal: Be the team with the highest daily step average & achieve 20 active minutes per day
Creative Team Names:
Create and name the teams in your team leaderboard challenge. Try out these fun, festive ideas:
- Runnin' for Rudolph
- Santa’s Sprinters
- Tinsel Toes
- The Silent Knights
- The Blizzards
- Santa's Little Runners
- Dashers, Dancers, & Prancers
- Run Run Rudolph
- Winter RUNderland
- Snow Ballers
- Team Polar Express
- The Stocking Stuffers
- Grandma Got Run over by some Runners
- Happy Feet
- Jingle Ballers
- Grinch Gang
- Jingle Joggers
- Elf’s On a Mission
- Fast, Furious & Festive
- Hanukkah Matata
- Give Us Your Best Shabbat
- Hallel, It’s Me
- Chabad to the Bone
- Light it Up
- YOLO Yamacas
- Menorah Menches
- Synagogue Swag
- Lucky Latkes
- Flava Flavs Falafels
- Kuumba Klique
- Karenga Krew
- Kujichagulia 7 Times Fast
Wondering how we got so punny? Check out this blog post on creative challenge naming.
Upload your own content to highlight ways to stay healthy, de-stress and budget for the holidays.
- How to Get Your Family Active
- 10 Ways to Exercise as a Family
- 20 ways to stay fit over the holidays
- Festively Fit: Staying Fit Over the Holidays
- How To Stay Healthy During The Holidays
- Recipe Makeover: Holiday Classics
- 8 Tricks for Lightening Up Holiday Foods
- Holiday Healthy Eating Guide
- 12 Tips for Holiday Eating
- 25 Ways to Fight Holiday Stress
- Stress, depression and the holidays: Tips for coping
- 10 Holiday De-Stress Tips
- How to Stay Sane During the Holidays
- 5 Ways to Beat Holiday Stress
- The Most Concerning Holiday Stress Statistics
- 8 Smart Tips for Budgeting for Holiday Expenses
- Holiday Budget Tips
- How to keep your holiday spending on budget
- Here Are The Top Budget Tips For This Holiday Season
- How to Plan Your Budget for the Holidays
- 5 Ways to Stay On Budget This Holiday Season
- How Do You Stay on a Budget During the Holidays
Note: Be sure to include a content module in your challenge, then upload and schedule the above articles and videos.
Keep with the seasonal theme in these prize ideas. Follow our rewards strategy doc for a step-by-step points plan that gives every participant a chance to be rewarded for their hard work.
- 3 months paid gym membership
- One year subscription to Headspace meditation app
- Holiday hosting essentials
- A bundle of family board games such as Scattergories, Codenames, Monopoly and more.
- The ultimate set of cold weather exercise gear
- Subscription to ClassPass to stay fit during the holidays
- A gift card for a massage
May you have a stress-free and happy holiday!